Child Health & Development/Parenting
- www.zerotothree.org Information on infant and toddler development
- www.123magic.com Information on child discipline
- www.HealthyChildren.org Parenting topics by AAP
- http://www.choosemyplate.gov/kids Food guidelines, recipes, and great information
- https://www.seattlechildrens.org/health-safety/good-growing/my-good-growing/ Seattle Children's Hospital newsletter
- https://www.triplep-parenting.com/ Online parenting program (fee to participate)
- chadd.org Sign up for newsletter, videos, webinars
All About ADHD: A Family Resource for Helping Your Child Succeed with ADHD By Thomas Phelan
- ADHD Screenings
The CDC offers parenting videos in English and Spanish, aimed primarily at parents of young children. Here you’ll find videos of the positive parenting skills. For each topic, there are two types of videos:
- Feature Video of Real-life Parenting Challenges
Have you ever been frustrated that your child doesn’t listen or struggled with how to handle specific behaviors? See how parents like you address every day challenges and find real world solutions.
- “How-To” Video of Expert Tips and Ideas
Do you want to know the steps for time-out or how to set family rules? These videos have specific “how-to’s” for positive parenting. Experts provide tips and ideas that are direct and to-the-point.
Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt: Play Nicely: The Healthy Discipline Program : This is a brief, population-based intervention designed to prevent violence and mitigate toxic stress. Rates of violence and other health problems could be reduced if all caregivers learned how to respond to the following question appropriately: "Assume you see one young child hit another. What are you going to do?" Watch the videos.
American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP): Discipline Strategies: AAP shares ways to help teach your children acceptable behavior as they grow with its 10 Healthy Discipline Strategies That Work.